Mrs. Lilly's weekly "Points for Parents" newsletter
Scroll down for historical and downloadable versions.
POINTS FOR PARENTS APRIL 28, 2017
- THIS COMING THURSDAY, May 18 : 6:00 P. M. @ KPC: Spring Music Concert and Art Show. BE SURE TO BRING ALL YOUR NEIGHBORS, FAMILY, AND FRIENDS. ALL STUDENTS ARE INVOLVED IN THE PROGRAM. SEE YOU THERE.
- May 26 : 8:30 A. M. End of Year Celebration and Fun Day. DISMISSAL FOR LAST DAY OF SCHOOL FOLLOWING THE PROGRAM/EVENTS. ALL STUDENTS SHOULD COME TO SCHOOL ON TIME (AS USUAL). YOU MAY THEN GO AHEAD AND GET YOU A GOOD SEAT AT THE CHURCH FOR OUR AWARDS/ CELEBRATION TIME.
- HEATHER COLLIER is our STUDENT OF THE WEEK for the week of May 15, 2017. SO PROUD OF YOU, HEATHER .
- Chapel was conducted on Wednesday by JADA LAMAN and BRIELLE HAY along with Jada’s brother, TREY . They shared and led music that helped us draw closer to GOD. It’s a good thing to use the gifts and talents God gave us to honor Him and draw others to Him. THANKS.
- Despite that it’s already the middle of May (very late in the school year), the children’s attendance at school is VERY IMPORTANT. Absences, tardies, and checkouts impact learning and the overall class environment. MAKE DAILY FULL DAY ATTENDANCE A PRIORITY THROUGH MAY 26 .
- A huge thanks to MRS. SPANJER for cleaning the school last Friday. Also, thanks to MRS. WEBB for cleaning yesterday. Ladies, your service is sincerely appreciated!!
- From our friends at Farmlinks: Junior Clinics and Camps are being offered for children ages 8-16. Sessions are $20.00 per session. The available dates are 5/ 23 and 30: 6/ 6,13,20,27: 7/6, 19, 26; 8/ 1,8,22, 29. The sessions are being taught by Curtis Ohrn (Director of Golf), Dylan Shephard (Assistant Golf Professional), and Jake Greer (Assistant Golf Professional). Sessions will cover everything from full swing, chipping, pitching, putting, rules, and etiquette. Call 256-208-7640 to reserve your child’s spot. THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY.
- Our wonderful volunteer librarians, Mrs. Offord and Mrs. Miller, are doing an inventory of our library books. We have some missing books. Students with missing books received reminder notes on Thursday. If your child received a note, please help him/her find the book and return it to school immediately. By the way, if you haven’t seen our library since it’s been relocated, you need to do so. PROGRESS is ongoing at KCS.